Article provided by: Horowitz Law
At Horowitz Law, our Fort Lauderdale sexual assault lawyer exposes the wrong-doers in the eyes of the law and helps our clients get the compensation they deserve. With a successful track record, Adam Horowitz is the best sexual assault lawyer in Fort Lauderdale.
Benefits of hiring an experienced sexual abuse lawyer
Adam is one of the highly sought-after Fort Lauderdale sexual abuse lawyers, and he has tried numerous cases to jury verdict and helped sexual abuse victims receive multi-million dollar awards. Here are the top 5 benefits to hiring a sexual abuse lawyer:
- A sexual assault attorney will possess several years of experience in fighting rape and sex abuse cases that he/she will have the legal expertise to help you receive a favorable case outcome.
- You can focus on healing from physical and mental trauma after a rape or sexual abuse incident, while our lawyer takes care of the legal aspects.
- An attorney can help you understand the legal jargon and prepare you for the proceedings by educating you on what to expect.
- An attorney can help you receive reasonable compensation for your physical injuries and mental agony.
- An attorney will protect your interests and ensure that you receive justice by getting your attacker the penalty he/she deserves.
Our sexual abuse attorney in Fort Lauderdale, Adam Horowitz, is a skilled lawyer with several years of legal expertise. As one of the top Sex abuse lawyers in Broward County, he has represented several high-profile legal battles.
Penalties for sexual abuse
Sexual assault laws usually define rape and criminal sexual penetration as a felony, and the attacker can suffer serious penalties for his/her actions. Most states in the US have divided a rape crime into degrees: first and second degree. The charge an attacker faces will depend on factors like the type of force used, the seriousness of bodily injuries to the victim, the use of a deadly weapon to make the victim submit, etc.
Possible sentences include one year of jail time to lifetime imprisonment. The sentencing length depends on the provisions of each state’s statute and sentencing guidelines. In less serious crimes such as criminal sexual contact and sexual battery with no penetration, the accused faces lighter penalties.
Is rape a felony in Florida?
Rape is a felony crime where the punishment can include jail time for the attacker. If the sexual abuse involved touching but no sexual intercourse or penetration, it can either be a felony or misdemeanor depending on the details and the circumstances. In general, rape crime is a felony, if it involved skin to skin contact without clothing, sexual contact with a child, or sexual contact with an unconscious victim.
Horowitz Law is the #1 Sexual abuse law firm in Fort Lauderdale. Adam Horowitz has represented hundreds of sexual abuse survivors across the country. If you have been a victim of sexual assault, please contact us at 1-888-283-9922, and our sexual assault lawyer in Fort Lauderdale will help you seek the justice you deserve.Sexual Assault Lawyer Fort Lauderdale
View Larger Map